Château de Tracy stands on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Loire. A 1396 manuscript preserved in the archives of the family d'Assay refers to the purchase of a field name "le Champ du Cri" that is still planted in vineyards and still belongs to the domain.
The current family business has been recreated by the Count and Countess Alain d'Estutt d'Assay in 1952. Three of their children work on the farm in perpetuating the spirit of quality and excellence that has always prevailed. The vineyard of 32 hectares spread over the hill of the Château de Tracy and those of Vilmoy, a few kilometers from away Pouilly sur Loire. The vineyard is planted exclusively with Sauvignon.